A few things that are hard:
- Humidity. All the time. The beautiful plants and flowers mean we sweat all the time.
- Everything (except public transportation) is Expensive. Everything!
- Haze. Sometimes the weather patterns bring smoke from Indonesia to hang over the city (this week)
- Being at least 20 hour flight away from friends and family back home
- Trying to understand Singlish (Singaporeans speaking English) on the phone.
- The washer takes over an hour and ruins clothes; the dryer cooks your clothes but doesn't t dry them.
- Being size S at home but XL here
- When we want to go away for a weekend, we can't just drive to a new state. We have to fly. Thus it sounds so exotic to go to Bangkok or Bali, but it is really like going to Boston or Orlando!