Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Next Chapter: First Adventure: Seattle

We left Singapore a year ago; I have had lots of Adventures but no time to document them.  It is time to get started!

The blog will continue covering travel and life adventures, so keep tuning in!

Our first stop

Seattle!


I joined my sister Chris in Montana and we drove to Seattle for her surgery.  I always love that drive: 3 states, The Rocky Mountains and the Cascades, about 4 mountain passes and the valleys in between, the farmlands of eastern Washington, my alma mater in Cheney, Snoqualamie Pass where I learned to ski, and lots of hours to catch up on sister conversations!


We took an afternoon to see the Chihuly Museum at Seattle Center.  My photos don't do the glass justice, but you can get an idea.  Then google him!




Lunch at Din Tai Fung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views as I jogged on the waterfront:





Food Truck Grilled Cheese!!!



And the Over-the-Top Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room...like a fancy brewery




With a pizza cafe attached


I always stop at Elliot and Vine to enjoy the corner park there filled with broken china mosaics - my inspiration.



And of course we had a lunch of Fish and Chips at Ivar's Clam Bar on Elliot Bay.

And watched the ferries (which has been a big part of my life when I lived on the Olympic Peninsula) crossing Puget Sound 



Lots more Adventures to come;  stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment