Saturday, September 8, 2012

Natural Habitats

This week brought me up close with natural Singapore.  I joined a Run/Jog/Walk group that met for the first time this season at MacRitchie Reservoir Park, a huge nature park that surrounds a reservoir and caters to  all kinds of sports.  The prettiest site of the day was at the beginning, with lots of student groups getting in boats:


However, we were there to run...I was there to jog...but I should have been there to walk, because those runners totally outran me!!!  I couldn't take the uphill, and the downhill was too rocky.  Ah, well, next time.
This should have been me...

But I was going the right speed to see some wildlife...I didn't have my own camera with me, but this is what we saw in the trees above us:
Yes, they are wild monkeys, and they are not afraid of us...

On Thursday my UK group gathered at Bukit Timah Hill, another nature preserve, to do some hiking.  (Thank goodness they didn't want to run...  :)  The first signs that greeted us on our walk:


And after we got to the top, at the ranger station:
SO MANY DANGERS!!
But we had a great time and made it up the hill, down the hill, past a few dead ends and finally earned a nice pizza lunch. 

I will leave you with a few of the striking images we saw along the trails, thanks to Barb, our photographer:

THE PATH


A SAMPLE TREE


A THORNY VINE


THE JUNGLE!



No comments:

Post a Comment